Your order will be processed upon receipt of deposit. Please note that this quotation remains valid for 30 days and does not include any additional sub-floor preparation or adjustment to doors.
Terms: Payment terms - 50% non-refundable deposit inc. VAT due with order (100% required for first order) Balance Prior to installation/delivery. Abortive visits will be charged at costs
Supply only: Delivery to private address £250+VAT/Trade address may incur a delivery charge E & O.E
Registered office: 410 the chambers, design centre, Chelsea Harbour, London, SW10 0XF
Registered No. 465 6089 VAT No. 882 092804 GB
Terms & Conditions
- Whilst every effort shall be made to deliver and fit to the customers satisfaction delivery dates are approximate only and failure to deliver on the stated date or at a specific time, shall not render us liable for damages, lost time or any other consequential loss.
- While every effort is made to ensure satisfaction, exact colour/design matching cannot be guaranteed between different widths of carpet due to manufacturing tolerances, over which we have no control. Neither can exact matching be guaranteed between a carpet supplied and the sample displayed in the showroom.
- As matting is a natural fibre, we cannot be held responsible for shade or weaving imperfections.
- Plain carpet is subject to shading with use, due to pile pressure. This is a characteristic of this type of carpet and does not effect the durability of the carpet.
- Where quantities shown in a quotation are estimated form scale or dimensioned drawings, the final quantities are subject to verification by the site measurement. Accordingly, all costs prepared from quantities taken from drawings are a guide only and may differ once a site measurement in completed.
- Installations will take place in one scheduled visit to site, allowing uninterrupted work over one phase.
- All carpets, even when cut to room sizes, are heavy and difficult to manoeuvre, especially on premises where the layout and access are restricted. In some premises the carpet may have to be folded to gain access, which may leave slight creases in the pile. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to surface finishes caused be the movement of carpet in restricted spaces.
- Work will be programmed during normal working hours, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank and Public Holidays.)
- The client or the main contractor must ensure that all sub-floors are clean, dry and level (including securing loose floorboards) before the agreed installation dates. No allowance has been made in our quotation for sub-floor repairs, floor cleaning and removal of waste left by other trades. Any delays to the installation schedule that are caused by the site being unfit for commencement of carpet fitting will result on additional costs.
- All areas must be clear of other trades or their equipment so fitting work may proceed with continuity.
- We will require adequate power and lighting on site and the rooms should be at a minimum temperature of 18C, to allow the carpet to acclimatise.
- Where our staff are required to move furniture, electrical equipment/appliances and other objects in the area of installation, this is carried out entirely at the risk of the customer. We strongly recommend that the movement of all large items be supervised by the client and that fragile or valuable pieces are moved by the client only. Tim Page Carpets and their staff are unable to accept responsibility for damage or breakages caused during the movement of the client’s possessions.
- The position of services such as water, gas and electricity supplies must be clearly identified for our fitters to avoid accidental damage. Unprotected/loose wiring for alarms, computer systems, telephones, audio and video equipment (to name only, but not limited to, the principal types) should be run in trunking under the floor. Wiring and services are often concealed from the carpet fitter and therefore Tim Page Carpets cannot accept responsibility for accidental damage caused during carpet installation.
- Where other trades may need to finish work following carpet installation, no allowance has been made to provide plastic protection to the carpet.
- Please note that an approximate clearance of 20mm is requires under doors most carpet types. Tim Page Carpets staff will not carry out alterations to doors. Where wooden doors require trimming, please ensure a carpenter or DOOR Co (Tel: 07831 289403) are in attendance, otherwise doors will be removed from their mountings and left on site.
- All seam directions, seam positions and pile lay are to be left to Tim Page Carpets discretion unless questioned in writing before estimating and cutting, will be deemed as acceptable with no exceptions.
- All quotations are firm for 30 days unless otherwise stated.
- A cancellation charge will be made where a scheduled installation date is cancelled at less than working days notice.
- Some installations of cut pile velvets or velours develop irregular light and dark areas called "shading". This is caused by some pile yarn changing direction which alters the way light is reflected or absorbed by the carpet. The factors which cause permanent shading are not fully understood and its occurrence cannot be predicted or prevented, although there is a strong connection between location and shading. It is not a manufacturing fault and has no detrimental influence on the durability or life of the carpet.
- Where Tim Page Carpets holds the appropriate information, we reserve the right to take the cost balance of a job without prior notification.
- All custom made carpets/specials are subject to + or - 5% tolerance
- Tim Page Carpets cannot accept any liability for damage caused by tacky/lightly tacky carpet protector.